2013-09-19

first day of the holidays

Well ok it's probably more the second day - I spent the first one cleaning up and doing laundry and packing and cutting fabric ... After an unusually uneventful train journey I did dive head first into sewing ...
Ok it did take me a while to set up the sewing machine - the old Lady is a bit well, let's say she sometimes has her own mind. I should probably introduce her to you at some point - it's an old PFAFF machine, and probably the grandma of my main machine and mother of my heavy duty machine ...

Anyway I did get some sewing done yesterday - as I decided not to wait on the last bee that is hmm ignoring me and went ahead and assembled the top.

BeeBiased June Queen - top done
ehemm yeah I folded it over night - you will see the reason in the next picture - and didn't iron it for the photo shoot

In the evening I went for a puzzle - while watching, or rather listening to an Austrian movie I knelt on the floor arranging and re-arranging and changing and ... I'm really glad my mum has such a large free space in the living room .. I'm sure to spend some more time arranging and re-arranging in the next few days.

puzzling all night - and the next morning

Today I spent most of the day in the garden, planting a rose and some other perennial things, and a few strawberries that are of the early kind, and I got the wood I need to fix the wood-shed roof ...

Tomorrow is for visiting the park I worked at for a year, getting tea and some fresh meat and tinned sausage, and catching up with old friends ...

The Ladies
The Ladies - very headstrong ---- the meat is the kids, nieces, nephews

drying flower leaves for tea
the drying beds for herbs and in this case flower petals for teas .. 

Löni

3 comments:

  1. Man bist Du fleißig! Toll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is beautiful - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leo, The kaleidoscope top is beautiful. That is a great fabric for that kind of project! Are you using the 'stack and wack' pattern? Lamb sausage? I don't think we have that in the states?! I recognize the rose and marigold petals what's the blue? Have fun vacationing!!!! cheers,CW

    ReplyDelete