2014-07-11

crazy mail day

This morning I gotrung out of bed by one of my favourite persons - The Postlady - she asked me to come down as she had some overs ized stuff for me. That usually means I get a swap item ... so I go downstairs and there is a pile of oversized letters and I ask if I can just go through them and pick mine, well she said the were all for me.

That made 4 letters ... ok one was just full of papers I need to send in an application ... but the important stuff ... The first quilt (in order of posting date) is this one - made for the April swap of the Doll Quilters Monthly - now ignorant me needs to find out about diamnods and baseball because "diamonds are forever" was the theme -- I really don't know anythign about baseball except thea use a ball, a bat and funny gloves - ohh and they enjoy sliding through the dirt.

DQS - 2014/04 - "diamond"

Then the next one - coming from Australia - is the May contribution of the same swap - the theme was "modern" - my partner is very patient because I still haven't finished hers - I know bad bad me.

DQS - 2014/05 - "modern"

I think that one is going to be a competition for the leave-mini that is currently on my fabric cupboard, maybe I will exchange them monthly or so ... And alst but not least - I got me a pincushion - actually after waiting for 3 years to get a pincushion in a swap I got 3 today .. (each doll quilt had a small one riding along). Well but this one is very special - well yeah because it's really big and because it's a frog and I have a little somethign for frogs and green. And it came in a July swap - and I'm goign to take it as an early birhtday present.

hehe - me new needle frog ... poor bugger will be hurting so much when I start quilting

So yes I think that poor bugger will be full of those basting pins once I'm done quilting redorangepurple that I spend all evening yesterday on my knees to pin baste. And I always have the pins all over because I just take them out while quitling and throw them on whatever "clear" surface I can find and of course they end up on the floor while I quilt-wrestle ... so maybe not this time.

after an evening on my knees

Löni

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leo, Great score with the mail lady! The diamond thingy is very clever. The man with the bat is standing on the 'baseball Diamond' and I think the corner blocks (square in squares) could be considered a diamond pattern from the top?! And on second look I think the entire pattern reiterates that?! Sweet! The frog is very cute! And the 'modern' top has great colors (my kind of loud! lol). I like the solid borders in your quilting project...cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete